Friday, August 03, 2007

Armenian Eggplant

Andy loved this - asked for seconds - I was sure this was going to be an adult only dish. I included the nutritional information from my nifty new software from Esha - so I included weights on my ingredients so you would know what I used to get the nutritional information.

Armenian Eggplant

1 large eggplant (mine was 5.8 oz)
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped (mine was 4 oz)
¼ teaspoon dried garlic (or use fresh)
1 Medium Onion, sliced (mine was 7.5 oz)
4 Tomatoes, diced (mine came to 1 lb. 1.45 oz)
¼ cup Olive Oil
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon saltFresh herbs to taste (I used oregano, basil, tarragon & rosemary)

1. Pare and dice eggplant (if you don’t want it darkening, sprinkle with lemon juice).
2. Heat oil in skillet; Add onion, green pepper, eggplant and garlic. Stir over low heat until eggplant is soft.
3. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
4. Simmer a few minutes.
5. Add herbs.
6. Pour into casserole dish and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.




No comments: