Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rice Chex is now Gluten Free!

Hooray for General Mills for making another mainstream cereal gluten free.

From their website: Without changing the crunchy, oven-toasted flavor of Rice Chex, General Mills has replaced barley malt with molasses resulting in a Gluten Free Cereal. General Mills has taken the requisite steps to prevent cross contamination and has tested the formula based on the proposed FDA standards. Questions & comments are welcome at 1-800-328-1144.

Here is a link to their website with some gluten free recipes and more information.

http://www.chex.com/Recipes/CategoryView.aspx?CategoryId=447&t=5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited!!! Thank you so much for sharing this news!! I couldn't be happier! I hope more companies follow! Ex: Special K

GFCF Mommy said...

This is really great news!

Katherine

Sheltie Girl said...

This is fabulous news, isn't it. I do hope more cereals made by the larger manufacturer's do this as well.

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten A Go go

Anonymous said...

Love the new gluten free Rice Chex! I don't think I've ever been so excited to buy a box of cereal before in my life.