Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gluten Free Beer


I have finally found a gluten free beer to enjoy. I don't drink beer all that often, but when I come in from working in my garden all hot and sweaty I like a good cold one. While I'm not celiac like Andy I definitely do much better when I don't consume gluten.


Redbridge is made by Anheuser Busch and should be available most everywhere. It is made from sorghum and tastes pretty darn good.

I won't be letting my son have one for many many years but it is nice to know that when he grows up if he wants to have a beer with his friends he will be able to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen this beer in Harry's Farmers' Market/Whole Foods.

Gluten free Kay said...

Hi Kathi,

I'm on a crusade to get gf beer in lots more restaurants in Indianapolis. I'm tired of having a glass of water while my friends enjoy dinner and cocktails.

This beer comes on the Budweiser truck. The Bud truck visits every bar and restaurant in every town at least once a week. So it's real easy to come by.

RedBridge is my second favorite gf beer.

My first favorite is New Grist, from Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. The owner's dad has celiac, so he made this special brew. New Grist is the Coors Light of sorghum beers. And they have a great website!

I bet your local beer store will order some for you. I've found it at Whole Foods. And my favorite bar owner ordered some just for me. Bless his heart!