Saturday, July 11, 2009

GFCF Fresh Raspberry Pie





Kathi’s Fresh Raspberry Pie

4 cups fresh raspberries
1 cup raw sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons minute tapioca
4 tablespoons water
2 - 9” pie crusts of your choice (I use the perfect pie crust mix from the gluten free pantry)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Line pie plate with one pie crust
3. Mix all ingredients together and spoon into bottom pie crust
4. Place other pie crust on top, flute and seal edges.
5. Make slits in the top so that steam can escape.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 425, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 45 minutes

8 servings

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You pie looks so good. I'll have to look for that crust mix.

I just wanted to share with you a recipe I tried this morning and it was a big hit and super easy.

1 box Betty Crockers Gluten free chocolate cake mix

1 15oz. can pumpkin I may have the oz wrong, use the smaller can or half of the 29 oz big can.

Just mix the dry cake mix and the can of pumpkin and scoop into greased muffin tin. Made 1 dozen.

Bake @ 350 for or 15-19 min.

So easy and so moist even my husband liked them and he is a very very picky gluten free eater.

I'm thinking of trying the vanilla cake with bannan puree...what do you think?

I did add a little oil to my mix,(two cap fulls so maybe a tablespoon or less) I couldn't find the small can of pumpkin so I used half a big can, but it didn't seem like quite enough. I also sprinked some chocolate chips on top just of fun.

Kathi said...

Shannon - thank you for sharing. That sounds wonderful. I have some frozen pumpkin in the freezer from last year that I need to use up - I am going to try those.

I think vanilla and banana sounds wonderful also.

And easy too - that is a plus.