Wednesday, August 05, 2009

GFCF Blueberry Muffins

These are super tasty and won't last long. I made them from a commercial biscuit mix (arrowhead mills) which I generally don't use but I was using up some items given to me by someone else - and since many of you may prefer mixes I thought I would go ahead and post the recipe.

I think I am going to make another batch tomorrow and use fresh raspberries instead of blueberries.

GFCF Blueberry Muffins

2 cups Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking Mix
½ cup raw sugar
1 egg
1 cup vanilla flavored almond milk
½ tsp vanilla (use 1 tsp if you use plain almond milk)
¼ cup coconut oil
1 cup fresh blueberries

In medium mixing bowl combine baking mix and sugar.
In another bowl, beat egg slightly. Add all of the rest of the ingredients except the blueberries and mix well.
Mix wet ingredients in with dry ingredients just until mixed – do not over mix!
Fold in blueberries.
Fill muffin tins lined with paper liners.
Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments: