Thursday, August 06, 2009

GFCF Items at Boston Market

I've been sick. So sick that I didn't feel like cooking - or even looking at food.

Back in the day before the term *special diet* ever entered my vocabulary, I wouldn't have worried about it - Dan and Andy would be able to fend for themselves with take out or ordering pizza or something. Unfortunately, that is not reality for many of us these days. So, sick as I was I started thinking about what they could eat.

Then I remembered that I am a Bzz Agent and that I had recently signed up for the Boston Market campaign after looking on their website and seeing they did have some GFCF items - and enough to make a meal.

They do have a pretty hefty disclaimer on their allergen page on their website: This list is compiled based on production information provided by Boston Market approved food manufacturers as of the date published. Boston Market does not guarantee that cross-contact with other gluten-containing products or allergens will not occur. We encourage anyone with food sensitivities, allergies, or special dietary needs to check back on a regular basis for up-to-date information.

Because of this disclaimer I made sure that Dan questioned the manager and staff before ordering - the manager was great - Dan said that he took our food only out of pans that hadn't been touched. It is great to have another option for food now. The boys were able to eat and I was able to get some needed rest.

The items that are both gluten and casein free are: (if you are only gluten free, you have many more choices)
Entrees -
Rotisserie Chicken
USDA Choice Roasted Sirloin
Sides -
Cinnamon Apples
Cranberry Walnut Relish
Fresh Fruit Salad
Fresh Steamed Veggies
Garden Fresh Coleslaw

My guys had the Chicken, coleslaw and apples. They loved it so much, they had the same thing the next night! Andy did not have a reaction at all - we are so pleased.

Here is a link to a $2 off coupon when you spend $10.

No comments: