Saturday, December 02, 2006

GFCF Waffles

There was a thread today on the autism board on babycenter about waffles and it made me hungry for waffles - so I had to make some. Unfortunately my digital camera is not working so I had to take pictures of the waffles with my regular camera. When I get the film developed, I will scan the picture and edit this post to show them. Andy like his cut into 4 long strips and then he dips them in the maple syrup.


GFCF Waffles
3 eggs
1 ½ cups milk substitute (I used Dari Free)
1 ¾ gf flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF Mix)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup shortening (I used crisco)

Heat waffle iron. Beat eggs. Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.
Pour Batter into waffle iron. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops.
Remove waffles carefully.
This made 14 waffles in my waffle maker.

No comments: