Sunday, February 04, 2007

GFCF Pumpkin Bread


I tried a new recipe for pumpkin bread tonight - and it turned out really good! This is now my favorite recipe for pumpkin bread. I used pumpkin that I had grown in my own garden and had frozen - so it was a little watery when thawed. So instead of 1 cup of pumpkin and 1/4 cup of water, I just did 1 1/4 cups of pumpkin.


I also doubled the recipe - it does not make two loaves.

GFCF Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 c. gf flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Mix)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 c. vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. water
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350. Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, & baking soda. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, & spices. Pour into the bowl w/ dry ingredients & mix just until all are combined - don't stir too much! Stir in the nuts, if you're using them. Pour into a well-greased 9x5x3-in. loaf pan; bake 50-60 minutes until done in the middle. Remove from pan, cool on a rack.

Keep wrapped in the refrigerator.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS LOOKS SO TASTY:)

Anonymous said...

That looks so good. I'm going to try baking it today.

Anonymous said...

...just followed your recipe and mine's in the oven right now...it smells awesome! I used almond meal and quinua flour for my GF flour mix. Can't wait to taste it!

Unknown said...

I am going to try this as it looks so good... Any recommendations for flours if not using the BRM mix? I have lots of individual flours that I would prefer to use. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I made it this morning for my family and everyone loved it! I am the only one GFCF, but the rest of the household could not tell the difference. I substituted flaxseed meal for half of the canola oil and it worked out fine.

Rhonda said...

I recently found out a few family members are diary and gluten intolerant. SO in an effort to make this seemingly difficult issue more palatable I started researching recipes on the internet. I came across this recipe and made it exactly according to the directions. It's fantastic! My husband and brother had no idea it was GFCF. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone interested in GFCF. I cant wait to try more of your recipes. Thank you for sharing. :)

Kathi said...

I'm so glad this is working for everyone. I made it yesterday and added chocolate chips - YUM!

Anonymous said...

Just made this & it is awesome! I used egg replacer & it still rose beautifully & tasted great. Thank you!

OzzieGFCFMum said...

Please don't post such an addictive substance on a blog - it's bad for my waistline!!

Made a double batch.. OMG... About to make the 3rd and 4th batch because the other 2 lasted 2 days. I swapped a few things though... I roasted the pumpkin, swapped half the sugar for honey (putting the honey with the "wet" ingredients) and then added chopped walnuts.. OMG... it was too divine...
My mother the "I won't eat GFCF crap if you paid me and I *HATE* pumpkin" devoured a large slice before I told her what it was, and then asked for a second slice whilst I gave her the recipe... (No, not kidding)... DIVINE!!!