Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mrs. Dash Seasonings and Marinades

Gluten free does not have to be bland. I'm so excited to discover that Mrs. Dash is gluten free. I have been wary of spices and spice blends because I know that many times they contain hidden gluten. When Bzz Agent offered me a campaign for Mrs. Dash I did what I always do when it is a food product - I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer to check on it's gfcf status.

Here was the response I received:

Dear Ms. Fischbach,
Thank you for taking the time to contact Alberto Culver regarding your interest in Mrs. Dash. It is always a pleasure to hear from our consumers and we are happy to respond.Mrs. Dash products do not contain gluten or dairy. However, they are not manufactured in a gluten free and dairy free facility.

Thank you again for contacting Alberto Culver.
Sincerely,

Jessie West
Consumer Relations Manager



I don't worry too much about it not being in a dedicated facility - if we get a reaction then I worry - but for now I will try it.

I used to use the marinades and loved them - so I will be trying them again.

Bzz Agent has provided me with some packets that contain recipes a couple of small samples and a coupon - if you want one, e-mail me with your mailing address and I'll be glad to put one in the mail for you.

Mrs. Dash is also salt and msg free so it is better for you. Check out the Mrs. Dash website for lots of great recipes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I loved the plain old Mrs. Dash when I was a kid (before they had fifty varieties). I assumed it was full of chemicals and stuff, but on your prompting, I clicked through to their site to read ingredients. No MSG or chemicals! Just spices, how exciting. I am adding this to my next shopping list. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love Mrs. Dash! That's exciting.